People are always asking what essential oils to use for what condition?’
“I recommend doTerra Pure Essential Oils because as a Nutritional Counsellor, I believe they live up to their claims of being both safe and effective.”
Please Note: The most important factor to remember when using essential oils for any health issue is that most oils should be avoided by pregnant women and breast-feeding mothers. They should use it only after consulting a doctor, and the essential oil you use is 100% pure and designed for therapeutic use.
Hover your mouse over the list of conditions to see which oils suit which conditions:
These oils can be ingested providing they are 100% pure and designed for therapeutic use.
- Add 1-2 drops or more to a glass of water
- Can be added to food
- Great in smoothies
AcnePeppermint, Spearmint, Turmeric, Vetiver, Wild Orange, Ylang Ylang
Anti-bacterialVetiver, Wild Orange
Anti-inflammatoryLemon, Summer Savoury, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang
Antimicrobial (pathogens, bacteria, fungi)Lemon
AntioxidantCopaiba, OnGuard, Summer Savoury, Vetiver
AnxietyLavender, Tangerine, Turmeric, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang
ArthritisCopaiba, Turmeric, Vetiver
Body Cleansing (Lymphatic Drainage)Lemon
Brain FunctionSpearmint, Vetiver
Common ColdLime, Peppermint, Turmeric
Concentration Lack ofSpearmint
CoughBergamont, Lemon, Peppermint, Tangerine
DepressionBergamont, Spearmint, Tangerine, Turmeric, Ylang Ylang
DigestionBergamont, Cassia, Copaiba, DigestZen, Ginger, Green Mandarin, Lemon, Peppermint, Rosemary, Tangerine
Food PoisoningBergamont, Lime
Gastrointestinal tractBergamont, Summer Savoury
HeadacheBergamont, Peppermint, Spearmint
High Blood PressureBergamont, Copaiba, Wild Orange, Ylang Ylang
Hormonal BalanceClary Sage, Thyme, Sandalwood, Lavender, Basil, Geranium, Lemongrass, Rose, Ylang Ylang, Bergamont, Rosemary, Peppermint, Frankincense, Pine, Oregano, Vitex, Anise, Fennel, Angelica
Immune SystemCassia, cinnamon Bark, Copaiba, Green Mandarin, Lemon, OnGuard, Oregano, Peppermint, Vetiver
InfectionBergamont, Copaiba, Lime, Spearmint
InfluenzaLime, Oregano, Peppermint, Frankincense, Clove
InsomniaBergamont, Spearmint, Vetiver, Lavender
Libido EnhancerVetiver, Ylang Ylang
Liver MalfunctionLime, Rosemary, Summer Savoury, Tangerine, Turmeric
MetabolismCassia, Grapefruit, Tangerine
Muscle & Joint PainBergamont, Peppermint, Rosemary, Vetiver, Wild Orange
Mucous & PhlegmLemon
NauseaGinger, Lemon, Peppermint
Nervous SystemCopaiba, Green Mandarin, Rosemary, Tangerine, Vetiver,
Oxidative StressLemon, Ginger
Respiratory SystemCopaiba, Green Mandarin, Lemon, Lime, Oregano, Peppermint, Rosemary
Restorative (after illness)Spearmint
Sore ThroatCinnamon Bark, Wild Orange
SpasmsBergamont, Peppermint, Tangarine
Spinal Cord InjuryTurmeric
Stomach upsetDigestZen, Spearmint
StressPeppermint, Tangarine, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang
Urinary Tract InfectionLime
Weight LossGrapefruit, Lemon
Use any or a mixture.
AcneBasil, Bergamot, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Neroli, Oregano, Patchouli, Peppermint, Sandalwood, Spearmint, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Turmeric, Vetiver, Wild Orange, Ylang Ylang
- The best is Tea Tree which can be applied directly
- Dilute all the other oils in Carrier Oil
AntisepticBergamot, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lemongrass, Lime, Peppermint, Summer Savoury, Tea Tree, Ylang Ylang
- Bergamot & Cinnamon need a Carrier Oil.
Athlete’s FootEucalyptus, Lavender, Lemon, Oregano, Peppermint, Spearmint, Tea Tree,
Bath SoakGreen Mandarin
- Add a few drops into bath water.
BleedingFrankincense, Geranium, Helichrysum, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Rose, Tea Tree
- Add 1-2 drops directly to wound
BurnsEucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Lavender, Melaleuca, Peppermint, Vetiver
- Frankincense can reduce scaring
- Peppermint reduces inflammation and needs to be diluted by adding to Aloe Vera & Coconut Oil.
DermatitisSpearmint, Ylang Ylang
Face WashGeranium, Lavender, Tea tree
- Add to 1/4 cup Coconut Oil 4 drops of each
- Or, add 1/4c Honey, 1/4c Distilled Water, 1/4c Castile Soap, 1 tsp Jojoba Or Coconut Oil
Fine Lines & WrinklesClary Sage, Frankincense, Geranium, Lavender, Palmarosa, Rose, Sandalwood, Tea Tree, Turmeric
- Add 12 drops essential oil to 30ml Carrier Oil
- Test a little on skin first
- Frankincense, Rose, Clary Sage tighten skin
- Sandalwood, Geranium improve blood circulation & skin elasticity.
HairCedarwood, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Geranium, Green Mandarin, Lavender, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Rosemary
- Add to your shampoo/conditioner
- Create your own
- Hair growth – Lavender, Peppermint, Rosemary,
- Shine – Chamomile
- Circulation & treat thinning hair – Cedarwood,
- Reduce skin inflammation – Clary Sage
- Cleanser & deodorizer – Lemongrass
ItchingGeranium, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Myrrh, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Peppermint, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Tea Tree Oil
- Dilute with Carrier Oil
Muscle & Joint PainClove, Franincense, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Peppermint, Rosemary, Thyme, Turmeric, Vetiver, Wild Orange
Nail Polish RemoverLemon
Pain ReliefCopaiba, Vetiver
PsoriasisAngelica, Bergamot, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Geranium, Lime, Myrrh, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Tea Tree
- Best is Geranium Oil
- Mix with 3-5 drops with 1 Tsp Carrier Oil
- Use 10 drops Clary Sage in bath and soak for 20 mins
SkinCopaiba, Geranium, Grapefruit,Green Mandarin, Lemon, Turmeric, Wild Orange
Teeth WhitenerLemon, Peppermint, Wild Orange, Wintergreen
- Add 1 drop Lemon or Wild Orange to toothpaste for 1 week.
- Mix 1 drop + water to 1 tsp Baking Powder to create a paste.
- Add 4 drops to 1 cup warm water, 2 tsp Xylitol, 1 tsp Baking Soda. Shake & use after each meal.
- Mix with Coconut Oil
Tooth DecayCinnamon, Clove, Lemon, Myrrh, Peppermint, Tea Tree, Thyme
- 1/2c Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Xylitol
- 10 drops Peppermint
- 5 drops Clove
- 5 drops Tea Tree
- Mix together and store out of light and away from water
- Use whichever of the above oils you have on hand or according to flavour.
WoundBergamont, Spearmint, Vetiver
I recommend doTerra Pure Essential Oils because as a Nutritional Counsellor, I believe they live up to their claims of being both safe and effective. If you purchase I will receive a small remuneration.
This page is offered as an aid to help you receive the most out of your essential oils. It is not designed to diagnose or treat any conditions.
Interested in what minerals you may be lacking in? Mineral Deficiency Symptoms List